Thursday, January 22, 2015

New ME in 2015

This year is going to be filled with all kinds of exciting, rewarding and difficult changes. Here is a run down of how I am going to make a New Me in 2015.

1) My best friend, Erica, and I have joined 10 fitness. She and I have devoted ourselves to becoming healthier together. We are keeping each other accountable as we work towards our individual goals. I am not sure I would be able to do it without her and her support! I cant wait to Zumba with her!! I am sure its going to be full of laughs and sweat!

2) As of January 19th, I am started a new career. I have worked for Junes Hallmark for 2.5 years and I have loved every moment of it: from my co-workers up to my company owners. I was asked to interview for a store manager position about 2.5 weeks ago. I interviewed and accepted the position. I will be the new store manager for the Bowman street location!! I could not be more excited!! I am praying that I can be the leader that I know that I can be.

3) In this third step to making a new me in 2015 is going to require lots and LOTS of prayers and support. Anyone that is close to me knows that I am pretty passionate about foster care. I have been saying for several years that I want to become a foster mom. I want to care for children who need to be shown love, and I want my home to be a haven that children can feel safe in. WELL....By the FALL of 2015 that dream is coming TRUE!!!! I could not be more excited about this new adventure! Throughout the coming months I am going to be transitioning from being single with a roommate to single with my own place preparing for a child. I am not crazy enough to believe that this journey will be easy, that it will be a piece of cake or that my heart will easily let the children go. What I do know is that God will guide and protect me and my heart.

For the past several weeks all I have done is research, read anything I can get my hands on and pray. I have done a lot of praying lately. My sweet roommate, Whitney, gave my a book for Christmas called The Middle Mom. It usually takes me months to finish a book but it took only 2.5 weeks to finish this one. To say I loved it is an understatement. The writer, who is from LITTLE ROCK, captures how I feel and how I want to treat every child that will enter my home. I definitely recommend it to anyone thinking or already fostering.

I am going to be making sporadic post. I can't promise my consistency in my posting bc let's face it I have NEVER been good at that. I do want this to be a record of the roller coaster that is coming to my mostly peaceful life. Did I mention that I am excited for the chaos coming my way?!?!?!

At the end of every post I will be posting a "Here is what I am needing from You:" list. I feel its very important that I am specific in my needs. I mean if you don't know my what I need how can you help/support me ;) So...

Here is what I need from You: 
1) The most important thing I need is PRAYER! Specifically for guidance in this Journey.
2) Even though I have no idea what age child I will have if anyone is getting rid of anything...ANYTHING...please feel free to donate it my way ;) (but for real on this one I will take anything: books, toys, clothes, furniture supplies etc)
3) ADVICE. Lets be specific here: This time I am needing advice on how to get started. I do know that I am going to through the organization named "The C.A.L.L." but any advice would be great.


So there it is everyone. A New Me in '15!!


Always,
Me

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! That's awesome!! I've thought about fostering a lot in the last couple years too. I'm so inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete